** I know this is long - if you are able to answer any, or a few, of the questions contained in this post, I would be extremely thankful. Really any comments would be appreciated so I know I'm not alone**
I've read all the threads on this and other subs regarding taxes, and recently bought a 1 yr. subscription to cointracking.info. Unfortunately, I purchased ETH, LTC, and BTC via coinbase for the first few months of my trading, until I found out that GDAX is so much cheaper and easier to use.
So I have records in CSV format from both exchanges, similarly, cointracking.info couldn't seem to reconcile (whether using CSV imports or API data) my various transfers from coinbase to GDAX for my day trade attempts and from GDAX to coinbase after purchasing, and before transfer to a hard wallet. So it interpreted these transfers as "sales."
I've also sent a handful of ETH to binance to put into various alts (which are all currently down). I recently day traded a bit with BTC while it was falling predictably down and increased my holdings by .05 or so. I wasn't thinking, and now realize that this effectively "realized" my gains on part of my BTC that I had been buying since early August. I repeated this process quite a few times, buying and selling the same sum of BTC.
I luckily have a family friend who helps do my parents taxes in exchange for dinners and out of generosity. I approached him with questions about how to "track" my gains off of ETH into binance alt coins, as the price of ETH shifts constantly, and we ended up talking taxes. He asked me to chart every transaction - volume, price, date, fee, coin, etc. in excel - I had been doing this fairly well for months, and think that combining the coinbase and GDAX CSV files for each 3 coins might work, but it's so much data I'm very stressed - and equally pissed if my day trading stupidity (which earned me 500 dollars) ends up costing me 3 K in taxes.
- However, what I don't understand is how one is supposed to "pair" or decide which portion of BTC they realize when they sell. Because I bought BTC all the way up from around 3 K and if I technically realized the gains from some BTC I bought at 9 or 9.5 K during my trading / realizing, then the tax I owe would be a lot less than the sale of BTC bought below 5, etc. Is this discretionary - I know there's means to I.D. specific coins, but when I sold it was certainly a varied mixture of *hundreds of different small purchases.
- I'm also having problem even using the GDAX CSV of sale records, because of some recent day trading, my technical cost includes duplicated "re-buys" of day traded coins, so it thinks I spent like 7 times what I really did, when in reality I was buying / selling the same bundle of coin / coin fractions.
- With my limited understanding of taxes (recent college grad with no job yet) I'm hoping that for some of the day trading, it will at least only be the first (of a handful of buys and sells with the same coins) that are realized to cause any substantial tax costs, as once I sell and re-buy once, my basis is now much higher, and given that I was selling and buying in the same general price range of BTC (and other coins) the spread / difference would be comparably minimal, so it's not like it takes the same 25% or whatever percent each time I make a trade, right?
- Lastly, does anyone know how capital gains from conventional stock portfolios affect your tax bracket? I may have read that some people qualify for 0% tax on long term gains if they have no job, and meet a few other variables. I currently have no earned income, but do have a relatively large stock portfolio which I oversee with a family member, the markets done well this year, but to my knowledge none of this large and varied volume of stocks are ever sold / realized, they are just being "hodled" for lack of a better word, as many do in traditional investing.
- Having acted out of greed / opportunity and naivete (thinking I was helping myself + making money by buying before a dip and buying back, I will never day trade again. I only hope that these taxable events do not eat up a huge fraction of my gains, which I have worked hard to accumulate while working diligently to learn the ropes of crypto buying and research. I'm not asking for sympathy, as I have it better than many, but I do seek information and want to have some general questions answered before I go back with a giant excel file to bring to my family friend, so I can ensure the information is accurate, etc.
I know this was a lot of varied questions, and I'm happy to re-format in more palatable bullet points, but if anyone is willing to answer any of the above confusions I would be very thankful and would find a way to give thanks
Thanks for your time - a concerned / born again hodler
Sometimes the CSV can provide the missing data. We have reported this issue to Binance. Please check your balances after import and be aware that you might have to correct then with manual entries. Warning: Please note that the Binance CSV and API data is not compatible. Please delete all Binance data previously uploaded by CSV before running ... Get historical data for the Bitcoin prices. You'll find the historical Bitcoin market data for the selected range of dates. The data can be viewed in daily, weekly or monthly time intervals. Binance Coin is up 5.45% in the last 24 hours. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #7, with a market cap of $4,178,467,593 USD. It has a circulating supply of 144,406,561 BNB coins and a max. supply of 176,406,561 BNB coins. The top exchanges for trading in Binance Coin are currently GokuMarket, Binance, Binance.KR, BitZ, and HBTC. Bitcoin Charts. Blocks: 481823: Total BTC: 16.523M: Difficulty: 923233068449: Estimated: 887736944047 in 1 blks: Network total: 7983858.406 Thash/s: Blocks/hour: 7.25 / 497 s: Home; Bitcoin; Markets; Charts; About. Nov 6, 2020 23:12:25 (UTC) Advertise on Bitcoincharts. Welcome! Bitcoincharts provides financial and technical data related to the Bitcoin network. Bitcoin News 20 Jun 2018 Freedom ... A favorite among traders, CoinTracking.info is by far the most advanced platform with a very robust set of features that you just don't find on most of the other sites and apps.You can import from tons of exchanges through .CSV as well as API and they even let you import from popular wallets like Exodus, Electrum, and Blockchain.info. Bitcoin price today is $15,072.88 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $35,078,629,141 USD. Bitcoin is down 3.42% in the last 24 hours. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #1, with a market cap of $279,405,360,953 USD. It has a circulating supply of 18,536,962 BTC coins and a max. supply of 21,000,000 BTC coins. The top exchanges for trading in Bitcoin are currently I created this sample portfolio tracker in Excel that draws live data from the CoinMarketCap API and refreshes on demand. If you have holdings across various exchanges (XRB at Bitgrail, BTC at GDAX, REQ at Binance...etc) this allows you to consolidate your entire portfolio, and also to value it more accurately in Satoshis and US dollars. Bitcoincharts is the world's leading provider for financial and technical data related to the Bitcoin network. It provides news, markets, price charts and more. CSV IMPORTS: Abra Acx Binance Bitcoin.de Bitfinex BitMax Bitpanda Bitpanda Pro Bitstamp Bittrex BTC Markets Bybit Celsius CEX Changelly Circle Coinbase Coinbase Pro CoinEx Coinmate Coss Crypto.com Deribit Gate.io Gemini HitBTC Hotbit Idex Kraken Localbitcoins Mercatox OKCoin Poloniex STEX Tradeogre Uphold Zerion Bitcoin Price Chart Today: Current Value Of BTC. If you are interested to see the current Bitcoin value from the top cryptocurrency exchanges such as Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Coinbase, Okex, Kraken and others, our Bitcoin price chart lets you compare prices between exchanges on the charts.
[index]          
This market trading analysis applies to various exchanges, including Bitmex and Binance. Tackling questions like if Bitcoin can reach 20k again and if we wil... Depth Chart Binance Explained for Crypto Trading. How to Read Binance Depth Chart for beginners. GET YOUR FREE STOCK in Robinhood http://share.robinhood.com/... Live Bitcoin Trading With DeriBot on Deribit ... - Duration: 19:29. MrSotko CryptoCurrency 21,023 views. 19:29. Tutorial: Auto Updating Cryptocurrency Portfolio on Excel Spreadsheet - Duration: 19 ... Learn more about Cointracking. A tool used to help you track your cryptocurrency portfolio across many exchanges, wallets, and lets you help report your gains/losses on your taxes. It's the ... Bitcoin's Price is back to $5400. The market is shaking off the Tether FUD. Let's discuss and also take a look at BNB. Become a CryptosRus INSIDER to gain exclusive insight on the market, get ... Bitcoin Explained Simply for Dummies - Duration: 12 ... binance-place order and get historical data using python, load historical data in Excel and MATLAB - Duration: 32:03. CryptoCrypto Ab 980 ... Live Bitcoin Trading With DeriBot on Deribit DeriBot Backup 150 watching Live now Real Time API Data pulled into Excel using Microsoft BI tools Power Pivot, Power Query, & Power View - Duration: 6:49. Bitcoin Sinhala Tutorials: https://bitcoinsinhala.com අද video එකෙන් කතා කරන්නෙ binance exchange එකට කොහොමද bitcoin deposit කරන්නෙ ... Binance is blocking US residence soon. Are you wondering which alternative Bitcoin and Crypto exchanges to use? If so tune in! Become a CryptosRus INSIDER to gain exclusive insight on the market ... Pull a Spreadstreet dataset into Excel in minutes with the Excel Add-In. No programming skills required. Just a few clicks through our interface and you are good to go. No programming skills required.